900g pumpkin, sliced thinly
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup cream
40g baby spinach leaves
1/4 cup coarsely grated Parmesan cheese.
- Preheat oven to moderately hot.
- Place pumpkin in single layer, on medium flat stone, brush with combined garlic and oil, roast uncovered in moderately hot oven until tender.
- Meanwhile, oil a pampered chef square baker (or you could use a 20cm- square cake pan, line base and sides with baking paper.)
- Whisk eggs with cream in classic batter bowl.
- Layer half of the pumpkin in the pan,
- Top with spinach and remaining pumpkin then pour in remaining egg mixture; sprinkle with cheese which has been finely grated with the PC micro plane (a little bit of cheese goes a long way when you use the micro plane!)
- Bake, uncovered, in moderately hot oven about 25 minutes or until firm. Stand 5 minutes before cutting into triangles.
- Display on your best platter and watch them disappear... even those who snaffle sarnies will love these!!