Wednesday 17 March 2010

Naan Bread, Plain or Peshwari


This makes about 12 individual naan breads. I used plain yoghurt for the plain varieties and coconut yogurt for the peshwari naans!

1tsp dried yeast
1 cup of plain flour
1 cup of SR flour
1 tsp salt
1/4cup yoghurt (see note above)
3/4 cup (approx) of warm water.

Now this is the simple bit…

...mix it all together and knead until smooth then allow to rest in the fridge covered with a damp cloth, preferably overnight!!!


When its time to cook them, roll them out to teardrop shapes and fry on a hot skillet for about 5 mins each side. They puff up slightly and get dark spots on them. With the Peshwari naans I put chopped almonds and coconut in the middle before rolling them out. I love them!

4 comments:

Ally Lifewithally said...

I am going to have a go at making these ~ they are something I have never baked before ~ thanks for the recipe ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

I LOVE naan bread, I make one that has egg in it and since my son has been diagnosed as egg allergic and this recipe looks so yummy I think I will give this a go!

Gloria Baker said...

This bread look nice! gloria

Anonymous said...

made these yesterday and have to say...blimmin good naans!