Monday 20 October 2008

Chilled Ready to Bake Crossiant Dough


This is an elusive product that when you can find it is very very versatile! It was called for in a recipe I was asked to do at a pampered chef party. The Turkey & Cranberry Ring, fortunately I found it in my local Sainsbury's Unfortunately I left it in my fridge and had to substitute ready rolled puff pastry so....




The girls unrolled them and cooked them for breakfast!!!


Not as nice as ready bought croissant was the kids verdict but as a cover for pie it is brilliant. The next time I make it into a pie I will take a photo and post it.

3 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

I have only seen those once or twice. I bet they could be used as subs for all those delicious sounding recipes on zaar that called for Pillsbury crescent rolls.

Sylvie said...

Julie, you can get them (not Sara Lee but own brand) at Aldi and Lidl.

Tulip said...

Marie, that's exactly what you could use them for...Bex has invented her own chocolate croissant, she has rolled them up with a strip of chocolate in the middle....she said they were delish!!
Thanks for that Sylvie...I'll try my local lidl which will be cheaper too....see recipe above...we are going through them a a silly rate!!!