- Cream butter and sugar,
- Add golden syrup and mix well
- Add flour and mix to bind adding flavour as you go.
- Roll into small balls, place on a greased baking sheet and either bake at 180c for 12 minutes or open freeze,* then bag & label once frozen
- Allow to cool on baking sheet allowing to firm up slightly.
- Transfer to cooling rack until cold.
* To cook from frozen place on baking sheet, (allow for spreading), cook for 14 minutes or until golden brown.
Flavour choices are endless but here are a few of our favourites!
- Chocolate chips, white, milk or plain
- White chocolate and raspberry
- Dried cranberry & white chocolate
- Orange zest & Plain chocolate (tastes like jaffa cakes)
- Ginger (either ground or candied)
- Orange zest and sultana
- Lemon zest
- Nuts & Raisin (various combinations on this one)
- Brazil & Plain chocolate chips made with maple golden syrup is out of this world
The flavours are endless, do tell me if you make this recipe with any different ones.