Tuesday 8 March 2011

This struck a cord, thanks Marie!


People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered.
Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives.
Be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies.
Succeed anyway.
If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you.
Be honest and sincere anyway.
What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight.
Create anyway.
If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous.
Be happy anyway.
The good you do today, will often be forgotten.
Do good anyway.
Give the best you have, and it will never be enough.
Give your best anyway.
In the final analysis, it is between you and God.
It was never between you and them anyway.

-this version is credited to Mother Teresa......but I first read it on Marie's blog and it struck a cord.
Now me and Marie go back a long way, we have been friends for years, we're on the same journey but we just choose to sit on different buses. Not that we've ever let that get in the way of our foodie friendship! She's a pleasure and a delight to be with and with things like this for me to read on her blog every day, she gives me food for thought too... thank you Marie, you a very special lady x

Another special thing this week is this....


I've never made a baked cheesecake before, no idea why I've put it off for so long, it was very simple to do, and the outcome was fab!!!  I found the recipe in a little booklet that came free with my Good Food magazine this month and while drooling over it, I figured I had Tia Marie left over from Christmas and all the other stuff was sat in the kitchen just waiting for me to bake it.... how could I refuse?!! The original recipe had it topped with continental chocolates, that was a step too far for us, we just wanted the hit of cheesecake... so here goes.... I baked it in the Pampered Chef Springform Pan used my batter bowl to mix the filling, it was so easy, in fact chilling it in the fridge took the longest time and it was pretty hard to wait, so we didn't!!!
Looking a little bit slumped!!!

It was rather sickly eating it warm and it didn't look the bees knees either but it was worth it, warm chocolate boozy goodness... delish!

Chilled and looking lovely!

Thankfully it is all gone and we can now start our 40 days without such temptation in the fridge.

2 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

Not sure I deserve all your kind words about me Julie, but I'll take them anyways and cherish them! I, too value our friendship greatly!! Now as for that cheescake. Do you have a liscence for that? I think one may be required!!! One for exceeding the limitations of decadent scrumminess!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the kind words (within the post) and OMG the cheesecake looked so delicious.