lowcarbmegastore.com after a particularly bad day, but every cloud and all that....
Lovely and cake like, all IPD friendly, don't eat them all at once as they keep quite well in an air tight tin.
The smell while they were cooking was absolutely delicious!!! The pecan on top gives crunch to the soft cake underneath, and it was cake like too. I used splenda and they were sweet enough without any aftertaste.
Today I thought I deserved a dessert - very nice I must say!
Bakewell Pecan Danish Tartlets
50g butter, melted
75g ground almonds
10g granulated sweetener (e.g. Hermoseta or Splenda)
1/2 tsp almond essence
24 (approx) pecan halves to top
Preheat oven 190C. Oil a small (6 pc) yorkshire pudding tin. Bake 20 minutes.
1. Melt butter & mix well with almonds, sweetener and almond essence.
2. Allow to cool before adding egg. Mix well.
3. Spoon mixture into pudding tin and smooth tops.
4. Press 3 to 4 pecan halves on top of each tartlet.
5. Bake 20 minutes - do not overbake or they dry out.
Per tartlet: 1.6g carbs if using Splenda, 145 cals, 14.7g fat, 9.7g sat.fat. 3.1g protein. No guarantee as to accuracy of the nutritional values; supplied in good faith.
Thanks for posting this recipe Weemam and I hope you have recovered from your ordeal!!!