Saturday 2 January 2010

Here's to a cooking 2010



With a house full of teenager on New Years Eve, I don't think there is a better choice than a tin full of brownies to keep them smiling! These one looked like they had been sprayed with confetti, or colours from the New Year fireworks that filled our sky at midnight!



This is an old recipezaars recipe I like to use. I first reviewed it in June '09, but have been using it for years! Karen who posted the recipe, says they are absolutely the chewiest, moistest, fudgiest brownies ever! And I agree!
It’s great for awkward family members who love different brownie flavourings, like my lot! You can do what I do and keep half the pan plain and the other half with flavourings of your choice. See what is in your store cupboard that needs using up and add them. Cherry’s, nuts, smarties, a couple of pieces of fudge cut small, M&M’s and sprinkles as I have done here…the variations are only limited by your imagination… do stop when it gets to marmite or dog biscuits tho…lol

The kids love them, its very and quick easy to put together, and because it uses cocoa rather than melting chocolate [I know how some of you hate doing that job!!!] they are cheap enough to do every day.

3 comments:

Beth (jamandcream) said...

Will have to try this recipe. Always on the lookout for brownie recipes

Nic said...

Happy New Year Julie!

Sylvie said...

Happy New Year, Julie!