I do have photos of our breakfast though...as the older ones got up and went off to work, the younger ones slept in, we got up and made this…. [That’s the royal ‘we’ he played taxi driver while I got to work in the kitchen!]
- Finely dice half a small onion, 2 slices of smoked bacon and 8 oz sausage meat,
- Crush a teaspoon of fennel seeds in pestle and mortar
- Add to mixture with a teaspoon of flaked chilli and a teaspoon of fresh rosemary
- Heat a little oil and fry, turning frequently.
- Once its browning nicely, make a space and crack 2 eggs into the pan.
- Pop under a hot grill to finish cooking the tops of the eggs!