Sunday 1 November 2009

The morning after the night before...


"Goofy Gus"
The girls had a cowboy and Indian themed party last night. I served hot steak sandwiches with caramelised onions and mushrooms for the meat eaters and Mediterranean roast vegetables with goat’s cheese for the vegetarians. No pictures I’m afraid as I wasn’t quick enough with the camera!

I do have photos of our breakfast though...as the older ones got up and went off to work, the younger ones slept in, we got up and made this…. [That’s the royal ‘we’ he played taxi driver while I got to work in the kitchen!]


Inspired by Jamie O's Scrapple [Jamie's America]

I turned it into a great low carb breakfast, with strong flavours and an undercurrent of heat!
  • Finely dice half a small onion, 2 slices of smoked bacon and 8 oz sausage meat,
  • Crush a teaspoon of fennel seeds in pestle and mortar
  • Add to mixture with a teaspoon of flaked chilli and a teaspoon of fresh rosemary
  • Heat a little oil and fry, turning frequently.
  • Once its browning nicely, make a space and crack 2 eggs into the pan.
  • Pop under a hot grill to finish cooking the tops of the eggs!

No comments: