Sunday 3 May 2009

Mini Lemon Meringue Tarts

Made in my deluxe mini muffin pan these little gems were scrumptious!!!! I used ready made sweet shortcrust pastry to line the tins, using the mini tart shaper (which is such a simple task...any small child can do it for you) Then added a teaspoon of good quality lemon curd. For the meringue topping I whipped up 1 egg white in a very clean bowl (make sure its grease free otherwise your whites won't whip up properly and stay flat!) until it was white thick and held its peaks, I then added a tablespoon of caster sugar and whipped up again. Add a large teaspoon of the mixture to each little tart then pop in the oven 180c for 12- 15 minutes. Keep an eye on them as you want toasted brown not black.

Lined with pastry and filled with lemon curd


Topped with meringue and waiting to go into the oven

Unfortunately i don't have any photos of the cooked end results...they were just too darn nice and the whole 24 didn't last past the second cup of coffee (I had guests - honest!!!)

3 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

Mmmm . . . Julie, you are making my taste buds tingle! I have this pan and it is one of my favourites!

Heatherfeather said...

WHat a great way to use up lemon curd. I love my mini tart pan. Your little mini tarts looked so easy to make too.

Jules said...

I love these. So easy and a great way to use up lemon curd.