Tuesday 13 May 2008

Chicken Kiev & Frozen Chips

Now I don't cook stuff like this very often, but the kids love it as a treat. My pampered chef consultant told me you could cook stuff like this WITHOUT turning them over. The result, she said, would be crispy on the top and crispy underneath, with little or no oil. Well, I put it to the test and....


It worked...crispy top and bottom!



Chips were nicely done too!

Only complaint was that the chicken was OK! Just ok? What was wrong with it? They, now i'm going to have to shout this out....THEY PREFER MY HOMEMADE CHICKEN KIEV'S!!!! Yeah me....finally!

Must confess though, when they say my chicken kiev, its actually Marie's recipes. I'm sure if you ask her nicely she'd give it to you too.

Edited to say: This can be made IPD freindly too! Celeriac chips and a chicken kiev made with breadcrumbs made from 'cornbread topping from the chili or wrap it in parma ham and bake as usual...photo's to follow!

1 comment:

Sylvie said...

Julie, I know why they were happy to have you as a consultant. You're doing a great job at having all of us want pampered chef stuff!!! ;)