Chicken Sagwalla with Plain Cauli Rice
1lb of diced chicken
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 Medium onion, diced
1 large tomato, chopped
1 tsp ground ginger,
4 tbsp water
4 big handfuls of fresh spinach, washed and chopped
2 tbsp butter
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp turmeric
1 large cardamom pod, bruised
4 tbsp ground nut oil
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/4 tsp salt
- Wilt spinach and squeeze out excess, set aside
- Fry the chicken lightly in oil for 3-4 minutes until lightly browned and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil and add ginger, garlic and onions; sauté until lightly brown.
- Add tomatoes, salt, cayenne, coriander powder, turmeric, cloves, and cardamom.
- Cook for 10 minutes on a low heat
- Stir in the water.
- Cook for 10 minutes over low heat.
- Add chicken and simmer until the chicken is tender.
- Add spinach and garam masala.
- Cook until spinach until sauce is thick.
- Remove from heat.
- Add butter to chicken saag and cover until ready to serve.