Saturday 1 March 2008

Prawn Curry with Garlic & Corinader 'Rice'

Brown is the new black and cauliflower is the new rice!!!! Its official, you don't need rice when you have grated cauliflower...Oh WOW!!!

I've just stir fried some graed cauli in garlic butter until just tender, then sprinkled it with chopped fresh coriander, mixed it in and served it with Prawn Curry (pge 101)

I have followed a low carb diet for near on 5 years now (give or take the odd month falling off the wagon, running behind it and scrabbling to catch it up) and I must say this is one of the nicest, friendliest diet recipe books I've had the pleasure to eat from, I don't want to fall off this one, its too darn tasty to do anything else but stay put!
The prawn curry is from the PB cookbook and is under the heading 'Take 5' which was designed by Bee for when you 're in a hurry...I had a bit more time on my hands so I roasted my spices...
...and ground them to make my curry powder...


...then served it with the garlic and coriander cauliflower rice, which needed me to chopped the coriander first.
The end result was well and truly worth it!!

8 comments:

Dee Henry said...

Wow, looks fantastic Tulip! I daren't make cakes, even IPD ones as I can never hold back! I love the speedy prawn curry but haven't tried cauli rice yet. I usually buy frozen cauli and forget to get it out of the freezer in time to defrost and then food process it into bits!

Dee Henry said...

I'm Metchick, by the way!

Tulip said...

Hi Metchick, how about defrosting it in the microwave then chopping it by hand? I wouldn't put defrosted cauli in the processor unless you want to make cauli mash!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tulip - hokeycokey here!
Just tried the cauli rice and didn't look nearly as good as yours!! Mine was very soggy, couldn't get it to crisp up, and generally a bit yuk!
Love your site and check it everyday!

Tulip said...

Hi Hokeycokey. The trick with stir frying is to get the pan nice and hot, then add the (garlic) butter and a splash of oil, let it melt, then cook the cauli quite quickly, keep it moving a little so as not to burn it, when it looks crisp and dry turn the heat down and cover pan for 2 minutes to make sure it is cooked. I then turn the heat up and toss in the corriander, keep it moving for a minute then serve. How did you do yours?

Anonymous said...

I heated some oil, fried the garlic and added the cauli to a hot pan - it then started to stick (despite it being non stick) so I turned it over and the heat down. It then went mushy!

Tulip said...

Sounds like your pan was too hot. Try following the instructions in my last post...good luck!

Anonymous said...

will do, thanks