Friday 8 February 2008

Cod on a Puree of Brussel Sprouts and Roasted Tomatoes

I couldn’t cook this as Bee suggested as I ran out of foil, so I pan fried it for 2 minutes each side. Put the tomatoes in along side and cooked the sprouts as per instructions in the cookbook. They were a little too hard core for my liking, not a great lover of the things…next time I will use cauliflower too, mix half and half that should be ok! Having fish has been a nice change this week after all the meat. The next two days will see us back to the meat I’m afraid (Sorry Kim) I am planning on doing the Slow Roasted Lamb with roasted vegetables and then on Sunday a traditional Roast Chicken dinner with all the trimmings. I am going to make as much of this IPD friendly so that will be the gravy, the Yorkshires if I can find the recipe and roast eddoes or celeriac instead of the spuds!!! Watch this space!

3 comments:

Sylvie said...

Julie, come on it's time to own up! This is not really a diet, is it?! It looks far too good....;-)

Tulip said...

It really is Sylvie! The book is on offer for £4 at amazon...not that you need it, your a twig!!! lol

aforkfulofspaghetti said...

Cauliflower puree goes really well with fish, so do give it a whirl. But I really like the idea of a sprout puree - I love 'em, personally - so I'll be giving your recipe a go!