Tuesday 5 February 2008

All Pancaked out!!!

My plan was to cook Bee’s faux pancakes with ground flaxseed, but while reading the different threads in the pig2twig forum I came across a couple of different recipes that I also had the ingredients for. The first one belonged to Calamity12002 and turned out like traditional crepes. I served these with lemon juice and a teaspoon of Splenda. They were lovely, the vanilla essence made them taste sweeter than they actual were, I wasn’t too keen on the after taste of the Splenda though! Calamity said she made savoury ones without the sugar and used them as layers in lasagne and cannelloni, which I’m definitely going to try!

This one was Margo’s recipe – The Almond Puff Pancake, it was a fat scotch pancake type one. I served one with butter and teaspoon of cinnamon mixed with a teaspoon of Splenda and the other with melted butter and toasted unsweetened desiccated coconut. Again very authentic to say they were Ph1 friendly, a light texture and very morish!

Butter & Cinnamon

Melted butter & Coconut

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those Scotch pancakes look delicious. You still on crutches? Hope you are better before your ski holiday,
Frugal:-)