Monday 3 September 2007

Cook myself thin!

I have had a busy weekend in the kitchen, over the next few days I will post all that I cooked, most have photographs, the ones that don't were devoured way to quickly to get a snap shot!
I made this cake on Saturday to celebrate friends birthdays. She's watching her weight and she likes to get hidden veggies into her kids like I do. This was the perfect recipe.

Beetroot chocolate fudge cake


Fantastic Colour!

I only have a photo of the pre-cooked batter...by the time it was cooled and iced and decorated it was time to run out the door and deliver it.....I totally forgot about the camera. But don't worry as I will definatly be making this again. It has a lot of steps to it but was quite a un-rushed process that I thoroughly enjoyed. I followed the recipe exactly and it turned out a dream. It is quiet a rich cake, one small slice is enough to satisfy, but next time I am going to try it with milk chocolate which may be a bit sweeter [kids will have no complains] but may not be quiet as rich [catering to the kids again] Calories will be up tho - All in a all a splendid looking cake with a portion of vegetables inside...What more could one ask for?


Updated to post a photo of the second one I made...how lovely is this?


No comments: