Saturday, 14 November 2009
Look at my Christmas Tree!
375g ready rolled puff pastry or 2 packets chilled fresh ready to bake croissant dough (to make 12 croissants in total – sometimes there are only 4 in a packet!)
25g butter, melted
55g caster sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 small tub of red/yellow/green glace cherries
115g icing sugar mixed with 2-3 tsp boiling water
1. Oven 200C/400F/gas mark 6.
3. Brush with melted butter. Mix cinnamon with sugar and sprinkle evenly over pastry,
4. Add mixed fruit in an even layer then roll up the pastry
4. Cut evenly into 24 mini logs. Arrange them on their sides on a flat stone like a Christmas Tree, but do not arrange them too close together:
5. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes, lowering the oven temperature near the end if need be. Cook until golden brown. When the ‘tree’ is cooked and cooled, arrange the glace cherries over the branches and drizzle over the icing as you like.