Will post a photo next time...We are all in such a hurry to eat there's not time to take a photo!!!
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 large red bell pepper, cut in pieces
1 large green bell pepper, cut in pieces
1 large onion
12 ounces courgettes, cut into rounds
1 lb tomatoes, peeled, seeded, coarsely chopped
4 garlic cloves, chopped
1 small chili pepper (to your taste) or 1 teaspoon chili powder (to your taste)
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 bay leaf
2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
Heat 4 tbsp olive oil in large nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Add chopped onion and saute until light brown.
- Add courgettes and cook till brown.
- Add tomatoes, garlic, chili, thyme, bay leaf, and saute for 3 minute
- Cook until vegetables are very tender (about 15 minutes).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix in 2 tsps red wine vinegar.
- Discard bay leaf and serve.
A good cheat which IMHO makes it even nicer is to sub the fresh tomatoes for 2 tins of chopped tomatoes.