FORGOT TO TAKE A PHOTO
Orignial recipe came from a fresh magazine. It has great colours and even better taste, I have substituted mackerel for tuna and it was all good. To make it IPD freindly, omit the potatoes and serve with cauli rice or a celeriac mash
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove
1 teaspoon dried chilies
1/4 pint white wine
400g chopped tomatoes
1 lb potatoes, cubed (I leave the skin on but original recipe said to peel them)
1 teaspoon paprika
1 juicy red pepper
2 mackerel fillets, cut into chunks or tuna fillets, flaked or 2 pieces chunks chorizo sausage
chopped fresh coriander
- Heat oil, fry onions for 3-4 minutes till soft.
- Add garlic and chilli, stir for 1 minute ,
- Pour in the wine, tomatoes, potatoes then sprinkle over the paprika.
- Stir well.
- Add 1/2 a tomato tin of water, cover and simmer for 25 minutes until potatoes are cooked.
- Grill peppers, blister skin, then place into a plastic bag, until the skin is easy to remove. Once removed slice then add to the pan with the fish / chorizo. Alternativly as life is too short, open a jar of ready roasted red peppers (IPD'r watch the sugar content on your chosen brand!)
- Simmer until cooked through. This will take longer for the chorizo than the fish.
- Sprinkle with coriander and paprika before serving.