Friday 11 July 2008

Weemam inspired...

In the Pink cookbook there is a recipe which is among my favourites, its salmon, broccoli & feta bake (think that is the right title) its just the best. However Weemam from the forum does it with lots of different fillings....mushroom and bacon etc....so it got me thinking and here is my version...Tuna and french beans.
Followed the recipe exactly just subbing the salmon for tinned tuna and broccoli for the beans...thought it would work due to salad nicoise being one of my favourites. I wasn't disappointed....Paul thought there was a little too many french beans (so, not so heavy handed next time) but in theory it worked...more of a poor man's bake what with tuna being a lot cheaper than salmon. Still prefer Bee's salmon one tho -

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tulip , Thanks for another idea :) . I did it yesterday with Corn beef and mushrooms , It was nice but a wee bit salty , I will have a go at this one too ,
Margaret xx

Anonymous said...

sorry I should have said it was weemam :)

Anonymous said...

sorry I should have said it was weemam :)

Margaret xx

Marie Rayner said...

Tuna and french beans. Sound delicious to me! Which book is this Tulip???