Saturday 5 April 2008

Marianne's Hot Chocolate

This is another recipe from the forum.
I have been having a bit of a struggle eating breakfast lately so opted for a hot chocolate drink instead. At 7am it was simple to put together and with only 3 ingredients didn't take too long. First I mixed 1 tsp cocoa powder with a little boiling water, topped up with more boiling water and added a big slurp of cream. I was expecting a greasy watery brown thing, but was pleasantly surprised, with no sugar or sweetener you would expect bitterness but it was creamy, chocolatey and pleasingly moreish. I have definitely lost my sweet tooth on this WOE. This kept me going until 9:30 when I could face breakfast. Thanks Marianne this is keeper!

Edited to say: I popped it into my Boden milk frother and this is how it came out!



Looks much more appetising...don't you think?

2 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

Yummy! I find that when I am off sugar entirely, I can actually smell it when I walk down the cookie aisle at the grocery store. It smells icky to me!

Tulip said...

Same here Marie. I have really weened myself off the stuff now...Bex had a pineapple juice yesterday and it was sooooo sickly sweet!!