340g Self Raising Flour
45g Dark Brown Sugar
225ml Skimmed Milk
1 1/2 tbsp Malt Extract
1 1/2 tbsp Golden Syrup
- Place flour, sugar and sultanas ina bowl and mix
- Add the skimmed milk, malt extract and gloden syrup and mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon,, (the mixture will be very stiff)
- Place the tin back inthe bread maker and set the program to 'bake only'
- Set timer for 1 hour 10 minutes
- When programme has finished, remove from tin and cool on a wire rack.
I think the next time I bake this I will add more fruit, other than that it turned out really nice. slightly hard crust, soft centre, great malt flavour and good texture....fat free too so you can have two pieces!!!