1 x yard ‘Old County Original’ Cumberland Sausage
40ml olive oil
1 x onion chopped
2 x cloves garlic chopped
225g Arborio rice
300ml red wine
575ml vegetable stock
4tblsp fresh parsley chopped
50g butter cubed
2tblsp Parmesan cheese grated
- Remove skin from sausage and place meat in heated frying pan, fry until golden all over - drain.
- Heat the oil, add garlic and onion - cook to soften, add rice gently and cook for 3 minutes.
- Bring stock to boil in a saucepan.
- Add half the red wine to the rice and stir.
- When all wine has been absorbed add remainder stirring continuously until all wine has been absorbed.
- Add the hot stock a ladle at a time making sure all the liquid has been absorbed before adding more.
- Add the sausage meat after approx 15 minutes and stir for further 10 minutes, until the rice is cooked but not soft.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the butter parsley and Parmesan cheese.
- Season to taste.
- Stir thoroughly cover and leave to rest for 3 minutes before serving.