Sunday 9 September 2007

Peppers with Feta and Almonds

I'm posting this for Claire who left a post telling me how she likes feta cheese. Try this it's wonderful!

8 Red or Yellow peppers
100g of Feta
A couple of squeezes of lemon juice
1 Tbsp of olive oil
75g blanced almonds
2 Tbsp freshly chopped parsley
~
Preheat grill,
Blacken the skins of the pepper,
Place in a sealed plastic bag for a few minutes,
Peel and deseed the peppers,
Tear into wide strips,
Arrange on a large plate,
Crumble over feta,
Squeeze over lemon,
Drizzle with oil,
Scatter over almonds,
Sprinkle on the parsley.


I can do this salad with my eyes closed now, but originally it is one of Nigellas (N.Bites!) I have also done it with a jar of red peppers when time is short and the thought of faffing around with peppers puts me off going into the kitchen. Phase 2 IPD friendly?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This does sound wonderful...red peppers are my favorite bell pepper, especially roasted. And put it with feta, YUM! Thanks!

Nic said...

This looks divine Tulip, all my favourite ingredients!

Tulip said...

Nic, it's so tasty, you'll be back for more until the dish is empty, the whole almonds really make this dish.