See more photos hereVery versatile, you can play around with the flavours, add smarties, nuts, plain chocolate chips, white chips and they all turn out just fine.
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tbsp golden syrup (use a Pampered Chef measure all to get the quantity correct!)
1 cup Self raising flour (make it a heaped cup!)
1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Pre heat oven to 180c.
- Beat butter and sugar together until creamy
- Beat in golden syrup.
- mix in half the flour
- Stir in chocolate chips *
- Mix in remaining flour
- Work dough together with your hands then divide into 14 balls.
- Place well apart on a medium sheet pan – don’t flatten **.
- Cook for 12 minutes
- Cool on the tray first then on a wire rack.
Plain chocolate chip and orange zest.
White chocolate chip and raspberries / cranberries.
Chocolate chips and nuts.
The recipe double very easily. I triple the recipe then