Monday 27 August 2007

Bank Holiday BBQ



I had a wonderful day today. It started at 7:30am when I opened my eyes and jumped straight into my kitchen....I cooked solidly for 5 hours, I was in my element. The food was delicious but my favourite bit was this Italian Peasant Bread for bread machine, the reciepe is one of Jamie Renee's from the recipezaaar site and let me tell you it was so simple to make and tasted wonderful. It had a great little crust on it but the inside was oh so soft, the salt and rosemary topping gave it a lovely finish to it. I will be making this again.


This was the full menu (attached numbers indicate zaars recipes)
~
Turkish Meatballs (Recipe #83793)
Garlic Chicken Kebabs
Ginger & Garlic Steak Kebabs
Pan Seared Moroccan Salmon (Recipe #158351)
~
Coconut Rice Erupting With Spices, Nuts & Peas (Recipe #125514)
Watercress & Baby Spinach Salad
Quinoa with roasted vegetables
Italian Tomato Salad
~
Italian Peasant Bread for bread machine (Recipe #62058)
Buttery Bread Machine Rolls (Recipe #65340)
~
And to drink we had Summer Sea Breeze, Beer & Lager

Great company, Great food, what more could you ask for?

1 comment:

Jules said...

I'll have to give this a go. Looks far better than mine did!